Greenshot, the free screenshot capture software
Greenshot allows you to make and to edit screenshots simply.
All that is needed is a few clicks of the mouse.
The application allows to ‘capture’ a single window, a portion of the screen, or the entire screen, as preferred.
Do this from the taskbar or via the little green frog icon which will provide you different types of screen capture:
– Capture of a fixed region.
– Perform a full-screen capture.
– Capture a single window.
– Capture the last selected region.
You can then embellish your captured screenshot with text or shapes before saving it, printing it or copying it to the clipboard. It is also possible to add audio to a screenshot, if wanted.
Greenshot supports a full range of image formats including jpg, bmp, gif and png.
It is housed in the system tray, ready to be used and does not require any installation.
– Quickly capture screenshots of a region of the screen, a window, or a full screen.
– Capture complete images of scrolling web pages in Internet Explorer.
– Annotate, highlight, darken or scramble parts of each of your screenshots easily.
– Export screenshots in multiple ways, such as backing up to files, printing, copying to the clipboard, attaching to emails, sending to Office suite, or sending to photo sites like Flickr or Picasa.
Child’s play to configure, Greenshot is an effective tool for project managers, software developers, technical manual designers, software testers and other people who need to generate screenshots for work.
Greenshot has been released under GPL meaning that this software can be used for free, even when this is for a commercial context.
Free of charge and user-friendly, Greenshot will allow you to make all of your screenshots easily.
This utility stands out for its ease of use, its low system demands and for some handy features.
All you need to do is to perform one of the four keyboard shortcuts to capture a new screenshot:
Region screenshot: Print Screen
Window screenshot: Alt + Print Screen
Full screenshot: Ctrl + Print Screen
Once captured, the screenshot can be saved, edited – for example, adding text and shapes – printed or sent to the clipboard.
Greenshot Free Download
Greenshot allows you to make and edit screenshots with only a few clicks of the mouse.
The application allows to ‘capture’ a window, an area within the screen, or the entire screen as you see fit.
You can then embellish your screenshot and subsequently save it, print it or copy it to the clipboard.
It is also possible to add audio to the captured image.